1. Read Mark 4: 35-41
2. Think about your fears. Is God asking you: “Why are you frightened? Don’t you have faith yet?”
1. Read Mark 4: 26-35
2. Read 2 Corinthians 5: 7-17
3. Read about Mother Teresa
Prayerfully consider being part of the Small Church Youth Ministry Cohort. This is an excellent opportunity for Dover United Methodist Church to make leaps in serving the youth of our church. We are looking for one or two people who are interested in participating. Please look over the information provided below, taken from their website, and visit http://www.arumcywn.org/small-church-youth-ministry-cohort/ for additional information. Let Pastor Roy Beth know if you are interested in getting involved!
The Small Church Youth Ministry Cohort is a training, mentoring and support program designed for churches with small membership in the Arkansas Conference of the United Methodist Church (ARUMC). This program is aimed to help churches develop their vision and mission for ministry with young people while also helping each team prepare a strategic plan to enable them to realize this vision. Churches will be trained in the best practices of ministry with young people as well as develop opportunities for sharing their ministries with other churches in their community and district. The cohort is provided by a collaboration between the Small Church Youth Ministry Department of the company Ministry Architects and the Youth and Young Adult Ministry Area of the ARUMC.
1. Read Mark 3: 20-35
2. Read “The Death of the Hired Man,” by Robert Frost
3. Read 1 Corinthians 12: 12-31
1. Read John 3: 1-17
2. Listen to “I Am New” by Jason Gray at http://www.klove.com
3. Meditate on the meaning of the baptismal vows (in the UMC hymnal, page 34)
After dinner, families will engage in fellowship, prayer, Bible study, covenant groups, and fun for kids and adults! Transportation will be provided, as well as childcare for infants and toddlers.
If you would like to serve as a leader or participate in the program, please reach out to us via e-mail at email@example.com.
Please join us in prayer for everyone as we dive into further into faith and commit to building faithful families!
1. Read Francis Chan’s book “Forgotten God”
2. Read Acts 2
3. Meditate on how we can give the Holy Spirit room to have His way.
1. Read Acts 1: 1-11, Luke 24: 44-352. Practice waiting for God.3. Meditate on these scriptures about waiting: – Psalm 27: 12-14 – Psalm 37: 34 – Isaiah 30: 18 – Lamentations 3: 25 – Micah 7:7
As promised, here are the citations for the appearances of Jesus after the resurrection!1. The women at the tomb: Matt 28: 9-102. Mary Magdalene: Mark 16: 9-11, John 20: 11-183. Two men of Emmaus: Mark 16: 12, Luke 24: 13-324. Peter in Jerusalem: Luke 24-34, 1 Corinthians 15: 55. Ten disciples: Luke 24: 36-43, John 20: 19-236. Eleven disciples: John 20: 24-29, 1 Corinthians 15: 57. Seven disciples fishing in Galilee: John 21: 1-238. Eleven disciples in Galilee: Matthew 28: 16-20, Mark 16: 14-189. 500 persons: 1 Corinthians 15: 610. James the brother of Jesus: 1 Corinthians 15: 7
**Source: Kistemaker, Simon J., New Testament Commentary: Acts